Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
I had heard about it, but hadn't ever seen the show. (I rarely watch TV.) This got me to watch it. I'm glad I did.

I'm not sure that having seen it recently would make that much of a difference, though. It may head in a different direction.

I don't care, but the author does cheat at times. For example, Sokka never touches his boomerang during this escape. Aang was conscious (you can actually see so on the previous page if you look closely) and windbent the fireball into the ice. So, yes, the author sometimes sneakily inserts screencaps into a scene in order to change what happens. I guess in this case he changed things to be consistent with D&D rules about recovering from exhaustion.

Given that the author does change things at times by inserting screencaps, things might wind up at a different place than the original. So far (not that I've caught up), the changes seem to be either rather minor or are obvious and silly.
He definitely changes things up, which is my preference really.

The story does diverge a fair bit, and stuff gets...weird at points. I think mainly the difference if you haven't watched it as recently is that you aren't thinking as much "oh, when will this happen". Not that that's a bad thing (it's how I read Darths & Droids), but it creates more of a surprise.

It's a stellar show though, and I'll probably go back and re-watch it after the comic has finished up.