Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
And mallorean, while I don't disagree with you about the animation and directing, saying that it has completely different staff is a bit of an exaggeration. The original creator of FLCL is on board, the original character designer is, and as far as I can tell, we know literally nothing about the animation team as of it.
Tsurumaki and Sadamoto? I sincerely doubt that Tsurumaki will be heavily involved at all, otherwise he'd be the actual director rather than the Chief Director. And he should still be busy with the last Rebuild movie, unless Khara already finished it without telling anybody. And while I'm always glad to see Sadamoto on staff somewhere, I generally don't regard characters designs as nearly as important as other core staff positions.

As far as the animation team, we know its being produced at Production IG, which is a large enough company that they mostly do stuff in house. Here's what they've done recently. You can look at the staff lists on ANN, they mostly don't bring in freelancers. So, does anybody notable that worked on FLCL work for current Production IG? As far as I can tell, the answer is no. Most of them stuck together and are all at Trigger. A few of them are at Khara and given Tsurumaki's involvement, might end up on the project. So that's fair enough.

Of the people at Production IG, we also know that it won't be a group that's already working on a project. So it won't be any of the people working on Joker Game right now (which look like they were mostly working on GitS Arise and the movie previously). And with Haikyu! Season 3 announced for the fall, it won't be any of them. I think that leaves the chunk of staff that was most recently working on the Psycho-Pass movie? Which makes sense given that its the same director? Yeah, I'm not too excited about that group of people.