View Single Post

Thread: What level would you make this spell?

1. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What level would you make this spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglass View Post
    As is, I'd make it 3rd level. If you change the components from "V" to "V,S,DF" then I'd make it 2nd level.

Why are you trying to make it verbal only? It doesn't benefit from being V only on face, so I don't really understand it. IMO, making a spell with V only increases the calculation of spell worth, but for this spell it doesn't really benefit much for that increase.

With the "only lasts 1 round maximum" qualifier, I really want to make it 2nd or 1st. It consumes the caster's standard action in a combat to probably give an Ally a better than level appropriate heal. That probability can be guessed at by the caster if he's been paying attention to the last couple rounds of combat. But with you making it verbal only.... I gotta put it up a level for that. And I just don't see what it gains you. You can still be AoO.... so really, the benefit here is you can cast it if you are tied up and one of your gang is trying to fight your captors or so you just need silent spell metamagic to play the "can't tell I'm casting" game rather than still and silent.

This spell is rife for gaming the system, as you point out, and if the spell exists, its going to be gamed. "I am way hurt... I'm going to jump off that cliff over there."
    I didn't put a ton of thought into the components. I mostly removed S because I like the idea of sword-and-board Paladins or Clerics casting protective spells without having to worry about Somatic Weaponry. Tack a DF on it if you like, no problem. Even adding S wouldn't be a dealbreaker outright.
    Last edited by Zaq; 2016-04-04 at 02:30 PM.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~