Earlier...

Meiling was the first to arrive when the explosion rocked her garden, the destruction of a noticeable section naturally leaving her in despair; not only was that her pride and joy uprooted and scattered, but the one night she got to sleep instead of watching the door for an evening, and something like this happened! Remilia was never going to let her take a night shift off, now. But, at the same time, Meiling couldn't be mad at the perpetrator, Lady Flandre. Especially when that note made her sound so upset. Meiling actually considered leaving her post to go find her distraught mistress...

"Meiling, go and find Sakuya and explain to her what happened."

Or...that...

"R-Right away, ojou-sama! I'll find Miss Sakuya right away!"

As the dirt crunched under her feet, Meiling sighed, and thought as she walked. Flandre outright said that she didn't want Remilia to look for her. Naturally, she probably wouldn't respond well to Sakuya approaching her and just telling her to come back. Still, what else was there to do but try; she loved Flandre, dearly, and she had seen her starting to grow into a fine young woman, ever since that shrine maiden and that black and white witch started visiting, but it was still dangerous for her to leave the mansion unattended. For both herself AND for...well, everyone else. Finding Sakuya was imperative...well, finding them BOTH was imperative, but, sequences.

When she arrived at the charcoal seller's door, she took a bit of comfort in how quickly someone rose to respond to her knock. Very respectful to customers and visitors, Meiling could definitely respect that. As the door slid open and Moku presented herself, Meiling offered a gracious bow.

"Good day. I'm looking for my friend; did Miss Sakuya stop by here for charcoal, today? There's been an incident, and we need her back at the Mansion, quickly."