Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
[Koi World]

"Oh, I don't mean this world specifically, I meant the world as in general. Beauty is more than just what the eye can see, it is the feeling you get from the place. There are many beautiful places but there are few where beauty and peace are in balance. Life in general is a struggle to survive and it reflects in the places which we make our homes. Walls to shut others out with, law enforcers, disharmony, strife... it is simply the way of nature." Ambrosia argues as she follows along. "Grandfather probably know better than me though, I might speak like an old woman but I'm still very young and inexperienced. A bawling baby really." At least to dragons.
Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
[Koi World]

Kenji nods, but has to giggle a bit at the last part.

And I'm eighteen. Most of the time, it'd be a hundred years before I was let out of the cave! But I'm only half dragon, and Mom and Dad trust Myobi to keep me out of too much trouble.

They reach the gates of the castle. It truly does deserve the name, if only in style: it would be little more than a mountain outpost in the glorious days of the empire. But it is tastefully and exquisitely built with innumerable decorations and carvings, statues and arrangements of plants.

There is no guard... none is needed here. Kenji leads them inside, past a garden that was clearly tended carefully for a long time but is starting to be overgrown. Kenji sighs

I do my best... but I'm no gardener. Grandfather hasn't been able to tend to the garden, and asked us to stop bringing gifts...

He looks to a small "grove" of cherry saplings, the oldest of which has been growing for perhaps nine years... and briefly forgets his guests

They say that if you really, truly, need to understand time, look to the trees. They know and alter the passage of time. If you can understand them, then you can change the world.

he shakes his head

Sorry, old nonsense and fairy tales. Come on, this way.
"And I meant the world in general as well" Steve says to Ambrosia. "I've seen nasty things, but there have been moments and places in life that will take your breath away. But I too am young." He turns to Kenji, "No need to be sorry. Where I am from, old wives tales and myths sometimes might be true, and this world has more fantastic elements than mine. In fact, no one knew that water dwelling dragons like Mizuchi existed in my world until we bumped into one." Says Steve. He pauses briefly "we found out at my brother in arms and good friend's wedding cruise. The dragon ate the bride and groom." Steve sounds more serious in the last sentence. "Anyway, this place is very nice"