View Single Post

Thread: [5e] Shadoweagle's Fields of Flesh - IC

1. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: [5e] Shadoweagle's Fields of Flesh - IC

Oak and Leg-chopper

As the pair finishes off their drinks and bid farewell to the sullen innkeeper, who now has recovered enough to continue cleaning her already clean table, they emerge out on the streets of Poxxin, the statue of Azalea looking down on them from the town center, bathed with gentle sunlight.

If one can look past the hideous features, the town seems perfectly normal, a few Azaleans are walking to and fro, more than one spare a curious glance at the pointy-eared and boisterous rogue and the short but stout and well-armed dwarf. Nothing more than a curiosity, the looks are dispelled after a few seconds.

As Lad and Neil make their way back to the Western part of town, where they are supposed to meet Jhalk, they spy two Azaleans conversing, one is carrying a large bunch of tanned leathers, no doubt from the trees, and the other is ,apparently, buying from the former. Coins are exchanged when the buyer spots the pair, and when the pair is within earshot and back turned, you hear a whispered words in your ear.

"Why was she taken?"

Startled, you look back and see the seller, glazey-eyed and standing right behind you, staring at the air in front of his face. The buyer looks to be of the same expression. After a quick dip of the head, they regain their 'normal' beady black shine.

"Hm?" the Azalean says to Neil. "Sorry, can I help you? Would you like some leathers? They make great blankets." he offers.

After waving him off and meeting Jhalk, they are introduced to Baido, his brother. At this point, Jhalk asks for help repairing the make-shift cart you are about to use. It is merely an iron cage fashioned, rather cleverly, with wooden wheels and handles, while one side of the cage is removed to allow for wood to be stored.

"Thi♪ came from the old Keep to the ♪outh," Jhalk explains. "it'♪ quite ♪turdy but mind the ru♪t." he tosses in a pair of dull wood axes and rusty crowbars in the cart when Balan and Rowan finally arrive.

"Great, we're all here! Shall we?" Jhalk says to everyone.

"The road ahead i♪ frought with many danger♪, keep your head♪ up."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    believe me, it feels awkward to be writing so much forward like this. I'd like to confirm our marching orders since we've had an addition of two people and a cart.

Here's an illustration.
    Needless to say, there's going to battles up ahead. Surprised? This is a spoiler.

EDIT: I also apologize for controlling some of the characters, please tell me if I stepped too far and we can retcon later.

@Gastronomie put on your big boy pants, roll those Portent dice!

Double EDIT: I also apologize for giving you nothing to do in this post. You can post your reactions, especially to the random Azaleans or ask Jhalk or his brother questions or generally interact with the NPCs before taking off. I can't post a really long post for setting up a battle right now, I think this post is too long even now that I haven't put it in yet. I'll have to get back home before I can maybe set up another post, I'm still at work.
    Last edited by daze413; 2016-04-15 at 05:27 AM.
    DMing:
    Shadoweagle's Fields of Flesh [5e] - IC - OOC - MAP