1. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone Arena 4: Practise Makes Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Anarion, you said you wouldn't be drafting regardless, so... Leth, you want to take this one?
    Heh, yeah sorry. I've actually decided I don't like our collective wisdom here. As a group, we focus too much on efficient minions and curve. Neither of these things are bad, imo, but they don't look enough at constructing a plan to win a game in Hearthstone. Decks with a bunch of efficient minions on curve are never bad, but they're not likely to do that well right now unless they're actually the absolute best class because you have to contend with a number of AOE and aggressive options. I generally look for charge, buffs, and board-affecting spells as my top picks right now because those allow you to either claw back if you don't draw perfectly or push an advantage with a good minion. My most recent 12-win mage deck ran two counterspells, a flamestrike, and two polymorphs. It relied on protecting efficient minions (especially ethereal conjurer) and just enough cheap cards to trade on the first couple turns

Edit: and I vote Mage for the next draft.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2016-04-15 at 03:59 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)