1. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: "Gee-Dubs just doesn't care" - Warhammer 40,000 codex rewrites

I think the difference here is between newly turned Chapters of "Renegade Marines" like Huron Blackheart, and full on "Chaos Legions" like the World Eaters. And really they need separate army lists, or even codexes (as loath as I am to encourage another marine dex). At the very least, you need to make a mission-statement of which one you are trying to write.

Renegades have access to most of the Loyalist inventory but only a few daemonic tricks, and has reduced leadership etc to represent infighting. Legions has big holes in the armoury (no Razorbacks etc) but vastly more daemonic corruption and nastiness (forgefiends, cult troops). Neither have access to the same tactics/formations as Loyalists, so the same gear may be used in radically different ways. Both should get Drop Pods, an omission that has never made any sense in fluff or outside of it (though maybe not the Drop Pod assault rule, so they're more unreliable).
    Last edited by Voidhawk; 2016-04-23 at 05:16 AM.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind