Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
I've also, I think, finished giving all of the legions their special rules. Still need to go over their armouries though.

Emperor's Children get to move 1d3 inches whenever they take wounds outside of assault. They also have mandatory challenges, but get re-rolls to hit, rending and count challenge wounds twice for combat resolution as compensation.

World Eaters have been given a once per game run-then-charge, but must always declare charge when possible for the rest for the game after using it. They still get Furious Charge and +1 WS.
I think you should stop creating special rules that come with downsides, because they're never a good idea. Either the downside is worse than the upside and it will never see play, or it's trivial and a waste of rules. The number of times GW has made balanced downsides I could count on one hand.

Mandatory challenges are both bad and unnecessary. If they're good in a duel, they'll be challenging all the time and it doesn't matter. If the player is in a situation they don't want to challenge, it means the duelling rules aren't good enough to let them function the way you want. Rather than buffs to damage you really want to cover the downsides to challenges: improve survivability while dueling (to cover loss of LoSir!), and penalise the enemy for not accepting (to make it actually come up). Or even make it so the enemy HAS to accept.

Giving World Eaters a waaaagh is pretty awesome, but making them lose control of their entire army afterwards is not worth anything.