View Single Post

Thread: [3.5e Campaign] The Eternal Fire

1. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5e Campaign] The Eternal Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Bichat moves along easily, long strides for someone his height, he walks faster than the human on the medium armor, and far nimbler, his footsteps so light you can't hear him.

Upon hearing the king and his diviner he ponders...

silly humans, they only think in their short life spans, an elven wizard could keep the magic going for 4 generations of humans

Instead he says:

When will we be departing? With what sort of provisions?
    The Diviner looks upon the Gnome, half-smiling and answering him first. Why, you DO have your own armour and weaponry, correct? Except for, ah, him. He motions towards Gregory's stick. We are prepared to supply a week's worth of rations between each of you- food and water isn't really a problem- plus, young man, we'd give you a shortsword. We're not quite sure if there's even anything left up there, but that leads onto the other's question...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Rogan quietly follows the guard to the king and his wizards.

He bows respectfully, than stand strait and listens to the speech the king -and later his Diviner - gives.
    So, they are told to go out and seek a special kind of tree, so the city could get some firewood wich would not generate smoke and therfore was save to burn underground. A very usefull thing to have, indeed. It would solve so many problems the town curently has - if they can find a way to make the tree grow here, at least. And such knowledge could be vital in other regards too. New sources of food, for example.

Rogan was excited, thinking about all those things that would change.
    Still, one question comes to his mind:

"How are we supposed to find this tree, Sir? Are there any maps we could see, or landmarks you can tell us about?"
    He turns towards Rogan. "From what I could see, it looked like ruins of a small, surface-town. Saw its name of 'Derville' on a sign in the visions. There were a few... green things there. Plants, I believe they're called, but they seemed to be moving around. Didn't see much more than that. After delving through a few tomes, though, I saw that it should be a good two days' travel north of here if you walk the entire way. We'll give you a device called a 'compass' that will let you determine north, south, east and west, if you wish- it'd be most helpful.

Also, ah, I didn't quite get any of your names. It'd be rude to go delving through your minds for them, so, do you mind?
    He smiles, at least wanting to get to know them before potentially sending them to be killed on a dangerous world.
    Last edited by Linken; 2016-04-25 at 09:39 AM.