Basically I want to make it. a Law V. Chaos story and have the law be cruel slavers/corrupt politicians, while the chaos would be abolitionists and freedom fighters. Also the players are less good or evil more neutral; a genetically mutated ex-assassin, a four armed alien smuggler/abolitionist, a mad inventor android who uses something spiniest to the ironman suit, and finally a former Pro-gladiator Randy savage macho man. So I'm going to have them do a little bit of good and bad to get what they need
Most races come from their own respected planet; humans come from Terran, Azers come from Azan, Aboleths come from Sh'zax, their is however one examples of a cluster; kasathas and Shobhads share a planet.
It varies, you just need one person who flies the ship to use a fly skill check, however if any damage is done they would need to use Knowledge: Engineering to fix it, or appraise to find out how much it's gonna cost them. The players are gonna start off with a ship, it's going to be about the size of the ship from the adult swim cartoon "Rick and Morty", which I'd approximate to be 25x25x25 feet. When caught in combat their best chances are going to be run as fast as they can and hope to out-maneuver the enemies.
Extremely soft, their is going to be genetically altered individuals, telepathy, and androids so. Also while my players enjoy science fiction they prefer it to stray closer to the fiction side than the science (think Star Wars and Flash Gordon over doctor who and startrek)