Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
"The guidelines that I mentioned were to provide this protection. So long as you stick close to me in areas where we half-walkers congregate, and don't eat any without me giving the okay, I can keep them from acting against you. With some effort, I could perhaps even grant you protection without my presence, though I could not procure you such in this nearby town." He thinks. "We've got four mostly intact half-wakers that you are welcome to, if you'd like. Whether or not you join me. It would be a shame to see them go to waste."
The giant spider thinks for a moment, pondering the offer. She slowly comes down to the ground. "Very well, I'll see what these intact half-walkers are that you offer me and decide then. Lead on, little one."

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
Well, our minds should be linked in a way that I can look through your eyes and hear through your ears. I'm not sure it works the other way, I'm afraid, but it's a cool trick. If I'm correct, I can also cast spells through you or take you to a safe pocket dimension when we're in dangerous territory. I think that, from now on, we're not just friends, but partners!
"You can see what I see?" Cherub thinks via psychic link. "Guess that means no freebie snacks under the table?"

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
He orders breakfast for Cherub and himself and then sits with the others. He waves to Ace. "Hey! I wanted to thank you for letting check your book yesterday. Something about it really opened my mind to some of the possibilities of arcane magic. I wondered if maybe you'd want to share some notes? I figured out a spell to let me talk with Cherub, my mouse buddy here. I also think I have a spell that can be used to identify different kinds of magic, though I think I need some kind of material focus for it. Maybe you could help?"
Cherub scarfs down on the food provided with tiny and adorable 'NOM NOM' sounds.

Ace sits down by Frost and pulls out several pouches of spell components. "Arcane focus you mean? Well, I do have one. Family scroughed up money for it... uh, scroughed? Sounds like scrounged and coughed... anyway!" He pulls out a small dark green crystal on a simple string.

"Arcane Focus. You channel magic through it and it replaces certain needs for material components. Useful, but if you lose it, you're screwed without components. I think I can convince Master Librarian to sell you one at the college."