Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
Today I learned: a proper tauntaliate setup is pretty dang good, even if you don't have buff stacking figured out. (TIL part 2: how buff stacking works in this game.) Between working out those kinks, a touch of honing, and a level or two along the way, the FF12 + and ++ boss rushes went down without a hitch. Thanks for the advice/encouragement, Greg & Red. The +++ unsurprisingly smeared me all over the floor, so it looks it's off to the FF8 material for me. So long Basch, we had some good times, but it's time to stop leveling characters I've never heard of and start leveling ones I dislike :P

Soon, I'll have a veritable army of characters sitting in the mid 30s to low 40s, all unable to clear endgame content! Finally, my master plan is beginning to come together.

Really that shouldn't bother me - I appear to be at about Dungeon Update 5 on both Classic and Elite so it's not like I'm running out of material - but heck if timed events don't instill a fear of missing out in me.
If it makes you feel any better, I managed to swing the VII +++ but it looks like the FF12 one is off the table for me. I just can't bring those snowflakes down fast enough, and at 40 stam/attempt, you have to cut your losses sooner or later.

I've been taking the tactic of choosing one or two favorites out of each event and focusing on leveling those guys. If I can get one guy to 50 or close, he can be pretty handy with synergy in most fights.