"There's no need for name calling, Suzanne," Waterworks admonishes gently. Even if she's completely correct... she sends to Lucas a moment later. "If Lucas and Suzanne never faced another villain in their entire life, I wouldn't complain. I think you're over-exaggerating things, though. Except for the one outlying case--which I'll say once again had a whole long list of special circumstances and shouldn't ever happen again--both Lucas and Suzanne have acted as good citizens trying to do the right thing. I'm not going to ask them to stop doing that; if more people did it, everyone's life would be a little easier. Suzanne, as a fairly powerful Dreamer with at least some combat training--you did have some basic combat training with your powers, right?--is well within her rights to pitch in against an enemy if she thinks she's needed, although she could definitely be a little more cautious about it."

Waterworks turns quickly away from Jep, hands up in a placating gesture towards Suzanne. "I'm not trying to downgrade your help, Suzanne. You've been pretty amazing when you've helped us out. The difference here I think is in how we've chosen to focus our skills. I'm a certified Hero Corps member, which means my job is first and foremost going to be a lot of fighting. Every day--well, except for my days off--is focused on making sure that I can use my abilities as best I know how for fighting the bad guys. You're an actress. In order to keep doing what you love, you can't really afford the same amount of focus that the other Heroes and I have to put in to our work. That doesn't mean your powers are any less awesome--trust me, they're awesome--but it shouldn't have to be a part of your life to use them in life or death situations all the time. If you want it to be a part of your life, then that's something you can think about and decide on.

"I'm not going to say 'leave the Heroing to the Heroes,'"
Waterworks continues, rolling her eyes. "I have no problems with what you've done in the past. You've helped us a lot. Still, there's a difference between getting attacked a few times, even the attacks you've seen, and going looking for trouble. You don't need to tell me that, though." Hey Lucas? Can you tell Suzanne that this is mostly for Jep's benefit? I don't think she needs me preaching at her, really. She's a smart woman, she knows how to take care of herself.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Persuasion on Jep: (1d20+6)[16]