Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
Alliances work really oddly, I've found. I'm in an alliance with an AI, and twice now he's asked me to declare war on another AI to liberate some of their worlds. No idea why the AI wants to do that, but c'est la vie. Both times I voted yes to the proposal, at which point the AI set their fleets to follow my strongest fleet rather than, I dunno, actually trying to attack themselves? Didn't really understand that. Then, I decided to declare war on a race who's been my rival since pretty much the beginning of the game, and my ally voted no on the proposal? So, let me get this straight, Republic of Zramas: if you declare war on someone you expect me to to do all the legwork for you, and if *I* declare war on someone, you're going to come over all pacifist all of a sudden? You really start to wonder exactly what advantage you're getting from being in this alliance in the first place!
Particularly annoying for wormhole empires. My allies spend a whole lot of time running in circles trying to follow me to the next system over when they could easily have handled the war that they started themselves. Like, sure, my fleet was better than the entire enemy alliance put together, but I was half the fleet strength of my alliance so they had it under control too.

Though I've noticed at least once that I as war leader got all of the war goals when the enemy surrenders, even though I promised some to my allies. So you can just promise things to your allies and take them for yourself anyway by reaching 100% warscore without negotiating a peace.