View Single Post

Thread: Strong Female Protagonist II

1. - Top - End - #157
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Strong Female Protagonist II

From my perspective, an universal donor is a sweeping solution, as it means many different organs available, each one of whose can be an answer to different conditions, but I get that, seen from ex Mega Girl, the sweeping solution would be if everyone could become like her. I actually like the way in which her view of the world and of what people need changes. It's quite human, she's just 20!

I also appreciate webcomics because they make me discover unexpected things, like the strange culture were Volta (the guy from whose name the volt was named) has been forgotten by the masses, or where you need to pay money to have the chance of a transplant. Some revelations from other comics were the fact that there are places where calamari are exotic food, boars are a novelty, greeting a girl with a kiss on her cheek can reasonably put you in conflict with your girlfriend, and knowledge of a foreign language is unusual.

BTW, we have a word for Ali's view as described by Traab: Benaltrism, which can be translated as "It takes much more, much else"-ism: the idea that any project which doesn't solve everything immediately must be discarded. It's a paralyzing force and a big problem, when the wrong people start using it to impede positive change while feigning to promote it.
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2016-05-18 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).