Wilson (a few hours ago)

Wilson couldn't help but grin at his daughter's enthusiasm. "Tell you what. How about tomorrow, the two of us, and Mummy, head down to the Assembly buildings to see what you can do?"

Wilson (now)

About thirty seconds passed between Maestro's mental shout and Wilson arriving on a nanite-formed hoverbike. "And I was having such a nice day..." he grumbled. "What do we know?"

Sean

Sean half had his phone out to call Colt when Maestro's message came through. "Ah, heck," he muttered quietly. ~I'll be there as soon as I can, but I'm...dealing with something.~ He at least had enough respect for Declan remaining to give him a chance to explain himself. ~May be a couple of minutes.~ As he replied to Maestro, he dialled Colt's number.

He knew, just as well as Beth did, that there was no way that Eskiro could resurrect this many people. But he also knew that both Beth and Eskiro probably wouldn't forgive him for not trying. "Hey, Colt? Something, er...happened, a bit of a ways out of Millaine. There's..." he looked around, "a lot of people dead, or dying, and I don't know how much we'd be able to do, but...if you and Eskiro could get here, we'd appreciate it." He paused for a moment to find the coordinates of where they were to give to the time-twister. "Something else you might want to know: these people are Defiants. Defiants in training, at least." He doubted it would make a difference to either of them, but they deserved to know before they came all the way out here.

As he hung up, he remembered something else. "Oh...I gotta go find that Dreamer who awakened in the fight. Damn."