Quote Originally Posted by Xiander View Post
You are correct, Clarity is my main this season.

That is the build i am running. I realise that i don't have mantras or mystic allies in my skillbar, this is actually intentional, as the innas set gives me the passive abilities of both, so all i am missing is the actives.
I strongly recommend you at least include the Mystic Ally active. The amount of burst this gives you is phenomenal - up to 4800% AoE damage from the fire ally and up to 8750% from the water ally if all your allies hit a targets (which they usually will, because your Cyclone Strike helpfully stacked them up), and note that that all this damage can be further tripled if you get your hands on Bindings of Lesser Gods. And did I mention enforcer gem also applies? End result is that you will absolutely melt whole packs. This damage will get further compounded by the fact that you stacked them inside your Forbidden Palace, and your survivability is also boosted because the Water Ally active froze them all so they can't hit back. By the time they unfreeze, most if not all of them will be outright dead.

Next up are your gems:

Your first priority (and the easiest) should be to upgrade all those emeralds to Flawless Royals. If you're short on emeralds, your first stop is the cube recipe "Darkness of Radament" to recolor any gems you have that are a different color. The best tier of gems to recolor are Flawless Imperials (i.e. the ones currently in your chest) because 9 of those equal a Flawless Royal so you won't waste any money. If however you're short on gems in general, an easy source of more is public bounty runs - simply accept the "boss room" invite every time so that you get loot from the Diabolic Chest. These chests are chock full of gems, and you can use the above recipe to recolor any non-emeralds. In addition, lots of goblins show up on bounty runs (simply pick the bounties that coincide with goblin farming routes and you're guaranteed to see at least one), giving you a good chance of a Gem Hoarder. You can also prioritize the bounties that have a bonus chest at the end like the "Cursed Chest" or "Nephalem Challenge" ones. If you're not feeling confident enough to solo TX with the group difficulty boost, you should have no problem stomping T7 instead.

Your second priority are your legendary gems. The big two you want are Enforcer (which boosts all the ally damage I covered above) and Bane of the Trapped - since you're vacuuming everyone into your aura, the damage boost will always proc, even if you didn't also have Water Ally and Forbidden Palace snaring everything around you. For these I'd drop Esoteric Alteration and Bane of the Stricken. For the former, you have toughness overkill right now - 55% DR from palace, 50% from LeFebvre, 50% again from Sunwuko, 40% from Spirit Guards, 40% life from Earth Ally, and with the Water Ally active you'll be freezing most incoming damage before it can hurt you anyway. If you're still somehow feeling squishy after losing that gem, drop Momentum (which won't be up while you're standing still anyway) and get Harmony instead, which will give you a massive toughness boost.

As for Stricken, it's actually not the strongest choice for pet builds - the purpose of that gem is to increase your single-target/boss damage, but pet builds don't usually need help there because all their pets will just be wailing on the same target ("for massive damage!"). Enforcer will get you better overall results and better scaling - you'll hit *much* harder vs. trash and elites, and vs. rift guardians you'll be doing comparable damage since you'll start out above the 25 from stricken.