View Single Post

Thread: In Your Opinion, How Broken Is 3E?

1. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: In Your Opinion, How Broken Is 3E?

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    You still fail to explain what you see as "solving problems" to actually be.

As has already been pointed out, the official material rarely needs you to mesh mechanical problem with mechanical solution at any point.
    Solving problems means achieving goals.

You cannot roleplay into succeeding at skill checks or casting spells that do stuff.
    You need the ranks or the ability to cast that spell somehow.

Problem: That treasure is guarded by four lv1 guards and I'm lv1 amd I want that treasure

Fighter: I can swing a stick but it's 4 vs 1 It will not work. Cannot solve this problem
    Rogue: I can use stealth or deception and then run. Difficult but I can solve this problem if I roll high enough.
    Beguiler: I can make myself look like the owner, if something goes wrong I can make them sleep, or use grease and run, or simply use stealth. Piece of cake!

Different ways of solving problems. The fighter only has "hp depletion" as an option and becomes non relevant when that option is not viable.
    Also in 3.5 caster classes are better at that as well making the fighter 100% useless
    Last edited by Seppo87; 2016-05-26 at 02:33 PM.