Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
Pics of your craft would help.
They haven't changed the atmosphere IIRC, so you might need to change your technique/craft etc etc.
It isn't a legacy craft or technique, it's a bug. I can handle changes in the game engine. I start from scratch after every update. Heck, the reason I have so much flight experience with this craft is because I missed a gameplay alteration and set my reputation to -300 by abusing the mission control. I have over 20 flights' experience with this exact design of craft (simple mk1 pod and crew cabin) rescuing kerbals and ferrying tourists as a result.

A normal reentry, 30km PE, by 20km I'm under 1200m/s,
A bugged reentry, I'm still going 2200m/s, if I've even managed to hold the pod together that long. This is not the fault of the craft. To keep up that kind if speed in normal physics I'd need to have been firing an engine or something. It's a frustrating, game-breaking bug. If I turn off thermal effects, the pod gets all the way to lithobraking at about 2km/s.

I think it's something to do with going EVA in orbit. The tourist flights seem much more reliable than the rescues, and I wouldn't have gotten through so many flights before EVA came online if I were struggling to make it through re-entry every few flights like I am now.