Quote Originally Posted by multilis View Post
You assume he would care... they were willing to with a fake girl and kill kestle, the muse is just another Kestle to be controlled or eliminated.

The real Storm king could be Gil or could be some other strangeness such as original Storm king planning on his return by sticking his mind in someone elses body like Lucy.
As Tarvek put it...

THIS! WAS! NOT! MY! PLAN!

I think Tarvek would be pretty sad to learn that he wasn't the Storm King. While he's a lying snake, he definitely seems to believe in the whole Storm King mythology and the belief that having the Storm King ruling is what's best for Europa. Zola and Gil's debate over the Pax Wulfenbach made it pretty clear that not everybody is happy with it, and it was pretty much a case of "he's a tyrant, but a pretty benevolent one and this is better than anything else".

Also, given the stink over resurrection I think having some long-dead guy brought back via mind transfer might not work as well as you might think. The nobles would likely reject the ancient Storm King in a way that they wouldn't for his legitimate descendant.