Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tom View Post
Yes, it does rather seem that between how many characters remark on the rarity of Heterodyne girls, Otilia's comment about keeping Agatha safe "for the world" and also the comment about the Mongfishes "ensuring" an appropriate heir, there's more here than meets the eye.

The thing I keep coming back to is Klaus Barry Heterodyne; not knowing the current Stardate as it were it's hard to figure out exactly but I find the idea that little Klaus died in an accident to be a bit suspect. We're pretty sure I think that Gil is in fact the Baron's son (with the Queen of Skifander, possibly?) but the curious bit is that the Geisterdamen's last visit from Lucrezia was with "the holy child" - even their statues show it.
If you REALLY blow up the panel where Carson finds his son the night Castle Heterodyne was attacked, you can see there's a child's arm, and a man's hand holding the child's arm, sticking out from under the fallen slab. Carson wouldn't lie to Agatha about what he found, so either Klaus Barry is no longer with us, or there's chicanery on an unbelievable scale going on here.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ggma...in20070813.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tom View Post
This whole Storm King thing is much bigger than it looks: the Mongfishes created an appropriate Storm King; why not an appropriate Heterodyne girl as well?

I think there's a serious "time war" aspect to all of this, and you're right, the "search forever" line is just too neat to not be foreshadowing.
This assumes Lucrezia was in position to engineer Agatha. Every clue we've got points to something REALLY bad having happened to her to turn her into the Other, and it's not clear how badly messed up she was afterwards. Klaus apparently enhanced Gil; the Mongfishes enhanced Tarvek. But Agatha may be completely natural.

We'll have to wait and see.