[Out Back (Snakehouse)]

"Okay, to be fair ma'am, I didn't notice the sign until just now," the werefox says, his tone slowly creeping toward afraid.

What?

You would be nervous, too, if you had accidentally insulted a grumpy dragon goddess.

"You don't look like a snake, really. Just a... uh... a really long, very magnificent dragon," he continues.

"Are you saying she's serpentine?" one of the other foxes pipes up.

"Yes. No! No, I'm not saying that!"

A beat.

"Unless I should be saying that?"

Poor guy. He would probably be better off if he just stops talking.

[Pokemon Enclosure]

Very friendly. As opposed to full of love. That gets you a Silveon.

When Geneva hears that she is, in fact, at the temple she heaves a sigh of relief. <Okay, that's good to hear. And I'm glad pokeballs aren't allowed. They're unethical.>

At least she thinks so. Geneva is still not a big fan of how most people treat pokemon. The memory scramble that little pokemon adventure caused never really went away.

Geneva gives the little cave a good look-over. She had examined them briefly before from the outside, but now that she's actually in one it's pretty clear the pokemon are well cared for. Being out in the wild would be ideal, but she's realized that sometimes a little compromise is necessary for peaceful coexistence. If the pokemon are happy, then it can't be that awful. <A computer is an item I hold. It lets trainers understand me when I talk,> she says whilst looking for indication of whether or not Midnight can leave the enclosure on his own or if the fox-people need to let him out. <A really mean legendary must have knocked it off me when they teleported me away.> She turns back toward Midnight, still hovering in mid-air. <And my name is Geneva. I'm a mew. You probably haven't seen anyone like me before because normally we do this->

MEW used TRANSFORM!

And it actually works this time.

Midnight is now staring at an exact copy of himself! Well. If he were a girl, anyway. How tricky.

<Mews disguise themselves as other, more common pokemon most of the time to hide. That was we can do whatever we want without being bothered. Especially by trainers trying to catch a mew. Because when trainers do catch a mew, bad things usually happen.>

See: Mewtwo. Just the thought of it causes her ears to lay flat. There isn't a mew alive that doesn't know about that abomination.

<And... I guess I can play for a little while,> she continues, umbreon ears popping upright again as she gives a little wag. <Something's stopping me from TRANSFORMing into a trainer, but I'm not really sure what yet. Until I figure that out, I'm not going to be able to get very far.>

And she would float far too slowly as a mew to reach Nick. And she has no idea where her computer is with its inventory full of stuff. And she has no way of stopping Fortuna from just poofing her away again.