"The bridges sound fine," Ennius replies in agreement with Avuala, "it seems like they have to open them up sometime..."

It sounds as though the druid is going to say more, but it is at that moment that he realizes he misjudged the movements of one of the rearranging rocks. If he was going to add anything else, however, it is lost to silence as he tries to quickly dodge around the obstacle, but he is only partly successful. Though the heron avoids colliding directly with the stone, he cannot avoid it dropping down on him as he tries to dip below it, letting out a squawk of panic despite himself as he careens towards the waves below.

Luckily, however, there is enough distance for Ennius to stabilize his flight before beginning his ascent towards the others again, though he winces at the first couple flaps of his certainly-bruised wing.

"I'm fine. I'm fine,"
he assures them as he catches up again, keeping a cautious distance between himself and the waterspout, "thought I had seen a mermaid down below and had to take a closer look. No need to worry."