Tommy is eying up the items on the table with an inscrutable expression. Though he's been away for over a year, the halfling is barely bigger now then when he was a boy. That and his youthful face- along with his thick brown hair still being in the same style his mother cut it, complete with the single rogue forelock dangling down the centre of his head- give an uncanny impression of having stepped back in time to when you were all children. When he speaks, his voice is soft, calm. Another thing that hasn't changed with age.

"It's a wonder you managed to keep these things locked away for so long. They captured our imagination. There's not a boy in town who didn't dream of being the one to wield that sword, or gain magical powers from that scroll. I always coveted the coin, myself. I imagined it would change into a hundred coins if only flipped it just right, and then I could buy my siblings new toys and my mother fine dresses and my father a new pipe."

He reaches out to the table, hand passing over the coin and picking up the pitcher of honeyed milk. He looks questioningly at everyone round the table, and pours a cup for each person that indicates they want some. His eyes flicker over the eighth unused cup, but he doesn't comment on it.

"Are we sure the traveller perished, that night? Was the body ever found? Was any attempt made to track whatever fought him? There were claw marks... do our most learned have any idea what left them?".

He pauses, sipping his honey milk. He looks to the side and smiles as he swallows, savouring the taste, making the most of the small moment.

"Why did you conceal what you knew until now, mayor? What secret was so important, that it was kept all this time?"