Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
Carrion crawler

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for not being able to post as much in the past few days. RL is taking up most of my time at the moment.

With that being said, let's take a look at this monster. It's a big aberrant centipede that can paralyze you with its many tentacles.

You're Large, but don't get reach (we're off to a good start). The ability scores are kind of lackluster. Having four scores boosted is good, but often a single high stat is preferable to several decent ones. The RHD are pretty bad, too, unless you really like having a good Will. Climb speed and natural armor: no objections there. Scent, darkvision, a weak natural bite and Alertness as a bonus feat don't really add anything either.

There's one thing I haven't covered yet, though: the crawler's tentacles. It's got eight of them, and each can paralyze for 2d4 rounds on a hit. That's huge. Against a creature that isn't paralysis-immune, you'll probably score at least one paralyzing hit on a full attack. When that happens, you can just re-paralyze them at your leisure while your allies kill it.

While there's a large number of creature types that are immune to paralysis, but these often don't become a problem until higher levels. By then, you should either have bought off your LA or patched up your lack of versatility with some creative build choices.

Final verdict: either +1 or +2 LA. Keeping the carrion crawler's relative lack of versatility in mind, I'll go with +1 here.
eight tentacle attacks for hentai for +1 la this is powerful