View Single Post

Thread: The Floating World [IC]

1. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Floating World [IC]

As Ennius is examining the workshop on the other side of the lens, he's taken by surprise when the lens itself comes to life. It reaches out to grab at him with a razor-sharp glass limb, as the rest of its body flows into a winged, vaguely humanoid form, made entirely from glittering glass.

Spoiler: Knowledge (arcana) DC 18
    Show
    The "lens" is clearly a glass golem. The wings are an unusual addition, but otherwise it looks very typical of its type. Glass golems, like most golems, are nearly immune to magic, and tend to be quite strong. Glass golems in particular can outright reflect magical spells rather than merely ignoring them, in addition to being actively healed by fire. They are, however, susceptible to cold, as well as to effects which damage crystals and glass objects. Additionally, like all golems they merely obey instructions rather than being genuinely intelligent, which can make them quite easy to deceive.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay, everyone beat the golem on initiative except Ennius and Ryoko. A tactical map is up here. It's a bit confusing, since this area is hard for me to represent in two dimensions, and I wasn't entirely sure how to arrange people in the space. As always, just let me know if I got something wrong.

Slam against Ennius: (1d20+16)[33]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[14] + (1d8)[4] bleed

Ennius has to make a DC 16 Fortitude save or be dazzled for one round.
    Last edited by ylvathrall; 2016-06-21 at 11:45 PM.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!