I've had this theory for a while now, I think its relatively solid as far as unfounded guesswork goes (Also I can't link posts yet, thats what I get for lurking)

Basically, all the oracles prophecies were true, but with a negitive twist that normally cost the party members something.

V's gave her/him complete and total arcane power... for a limited time and it cost him/her their soul

Durkon coming home "post-humourously" will be as the undead

Haley didn't look the gift horse in the mouth... and nearly died to Nale

Belkar gets conned into killing the oracle, but activates the trap card and gets cursed

Roy... Well he outsmarted himself really.

This lead me to Elan. Since hes not the smartest, and asked a pretty simple question of "will this story have a Happy Ending?" to which the answer is "Yes- for you at least" Now, this sorta has an obvious tie in that the story won't end well for everyone, obivously Belkar won't enjoy it. But heres where I got to thinking. Why would Elan be happy if anyone died at all? Sure they may not like Belkar, but its been pointed out how much hes helping, and him and Elan are relatively close as it goes (see strip 38 and 153 off the top of my head, and Elan burying Belkar in the dream sequence in 887) SO would Elan really have a happy ending if Belkar were to die as we all expect?

Part of me suspects that the Oracle, unlike the other prophecies, said the twist outright. Elan will have a happy ending, because he will die happily saving the rest of the order from whatever end game disaster the Giant has planned. No one else will be really happy in the ending, with Elan being the loveable goofball he is but as the Giant said in the commentary of War and PC's "...means that Elan's happy ending may not be what the audience wants or expects for him, as long as he, himself, is pleased with it" Elan, saving the world, saving his friends, and its enough of a crazy unexpected thing I almost feel like it will happen. Maybe it won't be permantant, the Snarl eats souls but maybe something else will happen beforehand.

I feel like theres something here, thoughts?