View Single Post

Thread: Cloudbreak IC: Glimpse of the sky

1. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cloudbreak IC: Glimpse of the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Start of Session Roll: 3,2, +2. [7] Surplus: +2 Barter, Want +Idle.

"Friend Pony, take Wander Squadron and bring me the head of Absorbing Rod!" Starlight snapped, her long legs propelling her down the steel hallways and forcing her subordinates to jog to keep up. "Make damned sure that the rest of him is attached when you bring him, because I'm going to need him to work on whatever it is that knocked out our shield. Pal squadron, you're going to get the rest of the heads of staff and bring them to the lobby for a staff meeting five minutes ago. Friendship and Buddies, you're with me."

She turned to the smaller pony beside her, frowning at his slicked back hair. "Scrapscallion, you're coming with us to the outside. Somepony is threatening my little ponies, and I intend to find what it is."
    The heads of staff were already waiting for her, as well as a good number of the other ponies in the Bunker. Many were clutching papers, or waving hooves whilst trying to get the attention of their administrator. Scientists complaining about experiments gone awry, support staff worried about various bits of machinery. Others were just here to watch.

Out of that mass of ponies, which ones do you pay attention to and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Elanorin View Post
    "You two can go now. Payment will be ready in the morning." She added calmly and quietly to Clown Mask and Boss, before turning her eyes to Luminark. The metallic one expanded a little as it sought focus and the red light pierced right in to his eyes. There was an unmistakable feeling in the air that she was displeased as her unblinking stare focused on Luminark without mercy.

She waited calmly for the other two to leave.
    The two ponies shuffled out, although they gave glances back over their shoulders as they left.

What is your relationship with these two ... unsavoury types? They might be for hire, nominally, but you have to know they normally work for Doctrine of Hype. Why would you pick them, of all ponies, to handle a snatch and grab like this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    You wanna guess what else is different about him today? Go on, guess. I'll even give you a hint; it starts with a D, rhymes with "must", and for once it isn't covering Scrapscallion from head to hoof.

That's right. Scrapscallion finally took a bath. No more standing out like a dusty, sore hoof. His coat was scrubbed clean, his mane was shiny, and his coat was free of unsightly wrinkles. Why, he looked downright acceptable.

"Sure thing, your Equalityness. And might I say, you are looking particularly Equal today." He flashed a dazzling smile, and all his numerous muscles flexed at once. (They do that sometimes. Can't help it. Medical condition.) "Maybe later, you and I can check out our Equality in intimate detail." His voice dropped to a silky smooth whisper, flagrant with promise.

[Spending 2-Barter for lifestyle in order to look darn good average. Rolling to Seduce the Princess: 3 + 3 + 1 = 7. Mark experience if you take him up on his offer.]
    Two barter is a lot of jingle to drop on sprucing yourself up, Scrapscallion. What's so expensive in what you've bought? Do your clothes come with some kind of additional benefits, a hidden bit of tech or something, or is a good suit and some mane wax just that expensive in the bunker?