1. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dreamscarred Press Introduces Lords of the Wild- The Playtest!

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Seven new feats and one new trait added to the playtest, including the style feats for Chimera Soul.
    My assessment:
    1. The Chimera Style and Chimera Soul Dominance benefits are probably often missed by a lot of natural attackers and other AoMF users, although likely a lot less by initiator versions. Still OK IMO, albeit perhaps a tad boring.
    2. Chimera Soul Spikes is also a decent "weakness mitigator/versatility improver", although I believe this will quickly lose value once you've got reliable flight. Question: it doesn't say whether the ranged attack is treated as if fired by a missile weapon or as if using a thrown weapon. It says "fire", but since it's a natural attack it's a bit confusing, and I'm not really able to tell whether the intent was I add my Str or my Dex to the damage. A clarification might be good?
    3. Crane’s Eye is nice, rewarding you for being a "good doggie", I guess...
    4. Giga Roar​ is also nice, and I love the name!
    5. Morphic Venom is great insofar I think the Steel Serpent and Chimera Soul disciplines really ought to have their own special thematic combo-feat. The benefit is OK, although I wonder if a DC increase or some kind of limited-use immunity penetration would've been a better idea. Did you consider this?
    6. Style Shift oh yes! Thank you for returning my first combat round to full capacity, I really appreciate it!
    Last edited by upho; 2016-06-28 at 12:13 AM.