Quote Originally Posted by upho View Post
My assessment:
  1. The Chimera Style and Chimera Soul Dominance benefits are probably often missed by a lot of natural attackers and other AoMF users, although likely a lot less by initiator versions. Still OK IMO, albeit perhaps a tad boring.
  2. Chimera Soul Spikes is also a decent "weakness mitigator/versatility improver", although I believe this will quickly lose value once you've got reliable flight. Question: it doesn't say whether the ranged attack is treated as if fired by a missile weapon or as if using a thrown weapon. It says "fire", but since it's a natural attack it's a bit confusing, and I'm not really able to tell whether the intent was I add my Str or my Dex to the damage. A clarification might be good?
  3. Crane’s Eye is nice, rewarding you for being a "good doggie", I guess...
  4. Giga Roar​ is also nice, and I love the name!
  5. Morphic Venom is great insofar I think the Steel Serpent and Chimera Soul disciplines really ought to have their own special thematic combo-feat. The benefit is OK, although I wonder if a DC increase or some kind of limited-use immunity penetration would've been a better idea. Did you consider this?
  6. Style Shift oh yes! Thank you for returning my first combat round to full capacity, I really appreciate it!
I wanted Chimera Soul Dominance to give Frightful Presence, but got talked out of that. Boring is OK, I think. It's a nice boost without crossing into crazy shenanigans territory. Plus Dominance allows you to treat your weapons as adamantine for hardness purposes so you can be wolverine.

Chimera Soul Spikes is a natural attack, and so would use STR to damage as a base, just like the manticore does.

Giga Roar's name was Psybomb's idea. I couldn't resist, so I'm glad somebody likes it.

As for Morphic Venom, immunity piercing isn't really necessary since Sting and Prana maneuvers aren't actually poisons, so they're not affected by poison immunity. In addition, DC boosting is also probably unnecessary since Steel Serpent has some of the best DC boosting stuff out there when you combine its stances and chain its maneuvers properly. This feat was also designed with some of the errata we've been working on in mind, so there's that to consider as well. As a side note, no I'm not going to discuss PoW errata in this thread, it'll get all the attention it needs once its ready to go out.

Style shift looks to be fun. I'm looking for an opportunity to take advantage of its combo with Fuse Styles for some crazy shenanigans down the line. I wonder how much stuff I can actually load up onto one swift action...