1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments V―On a Saner Forum, We Wouldn't Need this Index

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmegil View Post

The topic is bout how Rich's interpretation of the SRD interacts with the rules he establishes for his setting. Without the quote, we can assume. With the quote, we can know.
    There is no interaction though. We know vampire durkon can cast spells immediately because we see him casting spells immediately. By RAW, vampires become non-theist clerics who don't have any down time between when they turn and when they can cast spells. But Rich isn't following RAW, and Durkon did not become a non-theist cleric. We can make an assumption at this point that the lack of down time is still part of Rich's vampirism, but the quote in question does not deal with how his vampirism is different from RAW, by design. Remember that at that point Rich was still hiding the reveal of Durkon's possession.

Also, I want to apologize to the banana for making you keep posting a summary of what were voting over. Frankly, this debate should have happened when people were proposing the thing for removal.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2016-06-29 at 02:23 PM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”