Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
Are you kidding? Of course they should affect stats! This game has an entire archetype dedicated to foreigners, for Pete's sake!

Now a full archetype for each, I agree is a bit much. But maybe a unique advantage for each they can choose may not be uncalled for. Or maybe just one that has different effects based on race, since otherwise someone could justify just taking all three (though any GM worth his salt wouldn't let them do that anyway, so it probably doesn't matter).

Heck, because I like JNA, I'll even give an example for him. Even though I'm not really into MLP, the amount of Brony-made stuff on the internet over the years has caused enough pop-culture osmosis with me that I have a general idea of what all four types can do. Plus, my homebrew urge is particularly strong today, and I'm still salty that all of my own homebrew archetypes are stuck on a thumb drive I have no way to stick in an Internet-capable computer at the moment, so this is the best I can do.

Spoiler: New Universal Advantage!
Show
Pony Paragon: You are the epitome of what everypony of your race aspires to be, and you got the skills to back it up! Choose one of the benefits below for this power to give to your character.

• Earth Pony: +1 Conflict when in contact with the ground.
  • Pegasus: +1 Skill any time flight would give you an advantage or is necessary for the task at hand.
  • Unicorn: Choose one type of roll (Allure, Skill, Conflict, or Luck). You gain +1 to that roll when using some form of magic.
  • Alicorn (GM approval required): Choose one type of roll (Allure, Skill, Conflict, or Luck). You gain +2 to that roll, and +1 to every other roll type, when using some form of magic.

(An alternate version for Earth Pony and Pegasus would be to keep the same conditions, but also let them choose the roll type that it benefits like the unicorn does, but that seems to make them a bit too same-y for my gaming tastes)
As an alternative, perhaps there could be a single generic "Pony" archetype, which has a couple advantages for each main pony race (Earth/Pegasus/Unicorn), and being an Alicorn is just a pony who's selected powers that cross over between different pony types.

Of course, I think each race should have its own archetype with maybe 4 advantages each, and will often only be Quirk'd unless somebody is a super-stereotypical member of their race. The reason for this is that, at least for a pony game, what if you didn't want to play a pony? It's arguable that a gryphon is similar enough to Pegasus that you could use the same archetype, but Changelings? Dragons? Yaks?

I'm probably gonna end up throwing together some Pony archetypes, even if they're just transplanting existing abilities into the pony archetype and refluffing them.