1. - Top - End - #439
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments V―On a Saner Forum, We Wouldn't Need this Index

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmegil View Post
    We don't need to formalize removal procedures beyond stopping the senseless weighted majority requirement for keeping a vote that was already added. We just changed the index based on an event vote. Action should require at least a majority.

ETA: Also, I don't think the current rules support the interpretation of requiring a supermajority to keep an existing quote in the index. That rule is for adding quotes, not removing them. The rules were voted on, and until a removal rule is voted on, this ill-supported interpretation should not be used to favor the faction that has a narrow view of what should be in the index.
    While I think the antagonistic tone here was rather unnecessary, I agree that removing with less than a majority doesn't feel right. I also believe we do need to formalize a removal procedure, since if we don't, this contentious debate will show up again. I'd rather have a tedious debate over rules now, once and for all, as opposed to every time somebody suggests a removal.

... And I agree about removing the Kickstarter swag quote.

EDIT - Also, I think the quote about the O'chul story should be included.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2016-07-02 at 06:40 AM.