Quote Originally Posted by Kalmegil View Post
We don't need to formalize removal procedures beyond stopping the senseless weighted majority requirement for keeping a vote that was already added. We just changed the index based on an event vote. Action should require at least a majority.

ETA: Also, I don't think the current rules support the interpretation of requiring a supermajority to keep an existing quote in the index. That rule is for adding quotes, not removing them. The rules were voted on, and until a removal rule is voted on, this ill-supported interpretation should not be used to favor the faction that has a narrow view of what should be in the index.
Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
If number of votes matter here, let it be known that I agree with everything Kalmegil and SaintRidley just said. The vote requirements being deliberately tilted toward "don't change" makes sense to me, the vote requirements being deliberately tilted toward "non-inclusion, whether it's already been included or not" does not at all, except as a result of some people's misreading Rich's earlier posts to indicate a desire for as little as possible to be indexed.
Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
Personally, I also thought going into this that the removers would need a majority in order to remove the quote, not the people who wanted the quote to stay. In my opinion, I feel that especially in the case of a tie things should stay as they are, not change.
All of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
The usability of the index to find any specific quote goes down the more we have
I reject this premise.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post

Registering again my personal view that removal should be formalized as not a thing that happens in any event unless directly requested by Rich, though I am aware that this will not at any point be a popular view on removal.
I disagree, I believe that if a sufficient supermajority wants to remove a quote, it should be removed.