View Single Post

Thread: 3SC's Skull & Shackles IC

1. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3SC's Skull & Shackles IC

Vae rattīs

"How the—" a boom interrupts Lodan for the third time, making his ear ring again. "Gods, can you stop with that? Right? How the—" Lodan is this time interrupted by Red's gloating. Great; another fight loving freak; at least those don't live long. Spoils of war? Rotten pieces of wood and rotting weapons covered in giant rat giant filth. Seriously. Was that war? Are these spoils?

Sensing a lull in the conversation, Lodan tries a last time. "How the hell did they get so big? We've been cleaning those bilges for days?! Last time I was here I saw just a couple regular sized ones, not counting Bansion (who's anyway bigger, meaner and filthier than these). I..." Lodan voices trails off as he gives up that last try at reason. It seems nobody's listening to him. Everyone is just following Red—bar that—Jarred's example and ransacking whatever's not nailed down and on fire. The remaining giant rats are hiding in the corners, running around trying to find a way out of the bilges or having a feast on their vanquished kin. This ship is madness, best roll with it.

Lodan turns on himself and sees a piece of leather stuck between two barrels. Dragging on it reveals a leather shirt, muck (let's pretend it's only muck) covered and half-gnawed by rats. One of them is still munching one of the shirt's ends, pulling on it as best as it can. "Get lost! My filthy shirt! Mine!" The rat gives in without a fight after a swift kick from Lodan. He looks at his own shirt, covered with blood from repeated whippings, then back at the gnawed leather shirt. Well, if it can make stabbing Lodan during the night just a wee more difficult. Lodan cleans up the leather shirt as best as he can, before putting it on and moving towards the ladder. He hides Kana's blade under the leather.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception, (1d20-1)[0]. Lodan claims the leather armor.
    Last edited by WalkingTheShade; 2016-07-07 at 06:44 AM.
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. … The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. … Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'