View Single Post

Thread: [PF] Mal De Mar IC I

1. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] Mal De Mar IC I

Red

Red stands abruptly, angrily, inadvertently knocking over her mug of mead in the process.

"Caution is one thing, but willful ignorance is another matter altogether. You want to keep you and yours safe, I get that. I don't have anyone left to protect because of things I don't understand - how can I protect anyone if I don't know anything? Would anyone have been safe from the Nemesis if they just kept their heads buried up their..."
    Good... good... let it out... you've been too bottled up. Revel in your anger, let it flow...

Red stops herself, and takes a deep breath. Not good to fly off the handle like that. Losing control could be dangerous.

"Please understand that we..." she glances around at the others, whom she barely knows.
    Well, 'I', anyway but saying that won't help anything.
    "we don't mean to be reckless. We just want to know - this incident could be the harbinger of something very, very bad... and ignoring it could spell disaster for the entire town. You must know that, or those records would have been destroyed, not hidden. Please, help us. With the guidance of your experience we can do this cautiously. Without that we will do it anyway, but most likely more recklessly - even if we don't mean to."

She looks down at the mead pooling around her boots, and sighs.

"Damn it, I just cleaned them."
    Last edited by fendrin; 2016-07-09 at 11:26 AM.