Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTheShade View Post
"smells like giant rats are not the only vermin we'll risk meeting down here today."
Jarred smiles at Lodan's comments. "I knew there was some fire in you, man! We'll just have to play exterminator again, like we did yesterday!" he jokes as the two men harass Bansion.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
The swabs don't fare as well, with...Aretta Bansion also up for a bout of punishment.
As the woman takes the lash Jarred makes eye contact with Lodan and Jack Scrimshaw, the smile on his face dripping with malice for Bansion.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
Next up are Kana and Lodan...
Jarred sees the two fall and is about to move to gather their limp forms in his arms when Plugg makes his announcement. With one eye to the first mate he lifts Kana easily while motioning for Hiss to grab Lodan.

Spoiler: Draconic
Show
"Help me with that one, ally. Before anymore blood is shed let us protect those who would aid us later..."

At the final challenge and demonstration of gold "prize" Jarred's breath catches. After some long, internal struggle (during which his eyes remain glued to the first mate's pouch of coin) he takes a deep breath and shakes his head. Turning to Petaba, Thysh, and Catrina he mumbles, "I don't trust him enough to risk my hide for his entertainment. Let's see if any of the rest of the crew will take his challenge, and if not then...maybe..."

The internal struggle seems to come to the front again, and he groans angrily, "Ugh! But the gold! Argh!" With a spit off the side of the deck he carries Kana down below decks, his face awash with conflicting emotions. "Damn this thrice-owed debt! I need that coin!" He hastily places Kana in a hammock before returning to the deck, hunger in his eyes as he looks to see if anyone else has taken the challenge...