Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
There's also what seems to be a current of anti-intellectualism in this view which I must say I don't really care for.
Quote Originally Posted by nyjastul69 View Post
Dude, I have listened to your biased views enough now. I am a single male with no children. I'm also an adult. Those things are unrelated. I don't have children simply because I don't like children. Please get off your high horse.
Yes, this and the rest of the responses.
That they're badwrongnegative attitudes is what makes them confessions,
that are a matter of introspection not pride.
Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
In this thread you can post biggest, darkest secrets.
To be clear I don't think it's healthy for oneself to resent the comfortable, but I confess that I do, and it's a bias I struggle with.
To dig the hole even deeper of the people I encounter at work, most of the cops seem like grown-ups, most of the folks in the district attorney's office seem like kids, most of the public defenders office (even the very young interns) seem like grown-ups, and most of the inmates in the jail (some quite old) seem like kids.
But as I said earlier:
Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
That some who are old enough to be adults get to remain children is alright, I am far more troubled by so many youngsters world-wide (those I've seen working in the tomato fields here in California for example), that are forced to be adults far too soon.