Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
Before we get into this little madness, let me give you some good news. Nami's been working with a publisher, his name's Tom, he's a white guy, works with a big international company, though he speaks passable and only slightly rude Japanese. And he's been interested in her art too, to really spread it around. You know, somehow, that he's very grateful for you salvaging the piece there and that Nami will speak so well of you and blab the whole story to Tom the next time she sees him, so he'll know he owes you, not Nami, for her work. Tom, the publisher, owes you a debt.

Now, back to what we were saying. "I'll owe you? I don't think so. You owe me, Hitomi-san. I'll keep whatever scheme you're into quiet, and when push comes to shove, I expect that you'll be with me to return the favor." Hiro sniffs, lording over you the fact that he knows he's got you in a bind, and using your formal name to demonstrate the formality of the situation. He means it, you can tell, he won't tell anyone about the gun, but you do owe him a debt for it. He reaches into his bag, ruffles around in it for a second, the crinkling of the paper covering up the sound while you finish getting your gun wrapped up and put away. He then produces a piece of melon bread and puts on a nice warm smile as he walks over and places it on your desk ever so gently. "Enjoy, Akira-chan, it's delicious." Smile smile smile, closes the door and he's out.

So that's the deal there, I'll give you a moment to catch your breath, see if that changes any plans, and if not, let me know and we can cut to your cab ride. Though, to be honest, I'm a little curious how you're planning to commit a murder without your gun. I hear guns help with murder, but that's just me. Is it going to be magical demon fire? I hope it's demon fire.
Ok Hiro, you win this round. I hope getting yourself onto your girlfriend's beloved elder sister's **** list was worth it. Let's see how that works out for you.

Honestly, this doesn't really change much except for giving me some lunch plans that I was probably going to skip again. Onto the cab ride. And just because you asked: Yes, it's going to be magical demon fire.