Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
I didn't use to drink, but I do like some beers. I'd say I drink about... 3-6 units a year? To be fair I don't know why I drink at all, since alcohol isn't exactly the best thing in life and one can life without it for sure. But eh. A lot of my friends go out to bars, pubs and nightclubs, so I think I've become acquainted with them just through conversation, really. Plus the four times I've been to night clubs myself - I don't understand why I've agreed to go to one after my first experience that was very disturbing and upsetting in many ways. However, in Scotland I did drink way too much but that's another story about my surpressed depression that is actually story that doesn't really need to be told any further

Oh, I am so, so utterly smitten by your description. It honestly sounds like a dream come true! Now I must come over to Australia and book you as my guide. Although it might take a few years until I get there. But um. You're still in duty! And yes, probably no way I'd drive from Perth to anywhere, but I'd likely drive, take a bus, train, so forth... I don't care if they're expensive or horrible quality (it's all subjective), as long as I won't die it's going to be an experience; not everything has to be wonderful; life's a journey full of ups and downs.

I would likely die out of the heat more than anything. Australia's one big hot tamale - even during your "winter".

Dip dippedy dip! Have you always disliked water? Do you at least like walking in shallow water or dipping your toes?

Ah! A taller type of a man, I don't know why but my initial thought was "how exciting!". Rather weird, isn't it? So you have a "coffin freezer" as well? What a delight to hear! They're so much fun - I remember being a very tiny girl and climbing and hanging off the side when scavenging for ice cream...
... Isn't google the same everywhere?

Btw, is everyone Bruce there?
Ugh... Suppressed depression... That's the worst. I'm sitting here at quarter to five in the morning ignoring it.

My advice is to just skip everything between Perth and Adelaide. I mean, I can't exactly pass judgement as I've never been there, but it's a whole lot of nothing. Also, I'd be a terrible guide, I've never even been further south than Sydney or further north than Yeppoon. While I understand that that's quite the distance, remember this is Australia and there's nothing most places.

Nah. It's not that bad. You'd adjust eventually.

Well, I can't swim, so there's that. I used to go in the water when I was younger though, I just kind of grew out of it.

It's only a little bit weird.
Not quite coffin sized. It's one of the small square box ones, but it's served us faithfully for at least twenty years.
I kind of expected something strange and otherworldly. I don't know why. It's probably because all the Finnish people I know are a bit strange and otherworldly.

I have never met a single person named Bruce. Though I might have and subsequently forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
Smart. I should start doing that.

Psh! Those people are silly. The only thing you have to worry about are ultimately fatal and untreatable prion diseases. And that's only if you eat the brain.

In a more serious tone, it's hard to find any convincing arguments for why cannibalism is morally wrong.
It's not necessary in colder climates and one shouldn't freeze one's chocolate as it can make it go funny, but it's a trick that's more or less essential in Australia. Unless you eat your chocolate very soon after purchasing it.

Well, it's not. But you can't exactly get human meat ethically. Killing someone to eat them is murder, which is clear. But otherwise waiting for someone to die and then taking their corpse is theft. If we assume that a person owns their own body then after their death it goes to whomever their legal heir is according to the relevant laws, so taking and eating the body would be theft. Of course, this overlaps with the question of "Is it alright to steal to prevent starvation?", but one could argue taking a human corpse to eat is pretty excessive...
Of course, if they made it known before their death that they wished to be eaten it would probably be alright, though the law and their relations may have something to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Well, the emphasis is on the "Google", not on the respective nation names...

Well, there is a great amount of hard science fiction out there too, it all depends on where you're looking...
I know. I suppose my brain just expected something new and different.

Indeed, but I've never heard of one where industrial waste heat is a cause of concern for a society.