Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
What would you say if I told you that's actually the third retrace? I'm in the middle of another one that's a bit darker, and I'm going a lot slower in hopes that it looks cleaner.
Aha. Okay then, in that case let me just toss some of my personal preference your way, see if it works for you.

You seem to be using one of Set #1's pencil brushes. I am going to recommend you switch to Set #2, and grab a pencil brush labeled deevad/2H. The brush is less stark than the other brushes, you will normally only get dark colors with it after several consecutive strokes in the same place. I see that you're using the same basic technique I am, patching short strokes together into long curves. The 2H pencil will make the "fuzz" from misstrokes stand out less, and emphasize the true curve more.

Also, for the complexity of linework you seem to be mostly using, consider zooming in a bit, drawing smaller. Especially when tracing, zooming in to follow your intended lines more precisely is going to drastically improve your final line quality.

And of course, practice. :)

Which line, in particular, do you mean? If it's the one near the middle of her flank, that's dangling stringy-things from where her swimsuit bottom is tied.
No, the line going across the upper hind leg/rear back, that makes it look like she has a swimming cap on her butt (or like she's half-carrot, what with the tail sticking out of it :P).