Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
The interface is fairly customizable, and you can make it reasonably close to 7 or 8 if you put in a little effort, but it's not exactly the same, I suppose.

That isn't the OS. That's like saying you hate Starbucks because of the names of their drinks. (Leaving aside entirely that Microsoft has a slew of good reasons - and non-malicious ones - to be as pushy as they were in trying to get people to upgrade, how they tried to get you to use 10 doesn't say anything at all about 10's quality as an operating system)

Yeah, your BIOS is pretty well divorced from your OS. If you can't access your BIOS, that's an issue with whoever makes your motherboard, not Microsoft - Windows 10 certainly has nothing to do with it.

As I said earlier - it tops both 7 and 8 in terms of security and supported software. Driver issues have been largely sorted out, and tracking (which was present in 8, by the way) can be easily turned off at install. The only thing that's possibly worse about 10 compared to 8 is the interface - if you're using a tablet or a windows phone - and even that's arguable. The change in interface from 7 is tiny - I barely noticed it.
I'd rather they had updated the security on 7 than given me tiles on 10. I didn't like 8 either. I know there's probably software to fix this, but windows 7 has worked for me for years. I do not need windows 10 and I do not want it. It's like the jump from 3.5 to 4e in D&D for me. 3.5 had issues but it worked for me. I didn't need 4e.