Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
A 716 Partial

The specific (Standard) Action in your case is Cast a Spell. There is no rule saying you must specify it further.

I cannot find the Synchronicity power so I cannot answer that part.
Correction: This rule was clarified in the Rules Compendium (page 110) with an updated wording.
You can ready a standard action, a move action, a swift action, or a free action. To do so, you must specify what you want to do and the conditions under which you will do so.
You must decide what you want to do as you ready the action, not when you take the readied action.

As for synchronicity, the same applies: unless you augment the power, you have to decide what you want to do when you ready the action, not when you take it. If you do augment the power, then you can wait to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuu Lightwing View Post
Q717: Does Metapower feat still allow you to manifest an unmodified version of the power?
Unclear, but the use of the phrase "permanently modify" suggests the answer may be no. On the other hand, that interpretation may result in dysfunctions, e.g. being unable to manifest the power without expending psionic focus. Consult your DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigan View Post
Q718: This seemed pretty straight forward to me, but it was relatively specific and I wasn't 100% on it so I thought I'd get a second opinion before I brought it up in play. Does the Binding weapon property (MIC pg218) and for that matter any similar effects that work "as [x spell]" require checks to overcome spell resistance from the item in question? I assume spell storing would have to worry about such things, but I wasn't sure about weapon properties that replicate the effects of certain spells without specifying that they "cast" them. I assumed they wouldn't have to up to now, but it's never actually come up in game and I wanted to get out in front of this one before I tried to use it.
It depends on the item, but generally, if the effect refers only to part of a spell's effect, it's only referring to that part of the spell's effect. In your example of the binding weapon, it prevents extradimensional travel as if the target were affected by dimensional anchor, but it doesn't duplicate any other aspects of dimensional anchor—you do not need to make a touch attack roll or a spell penetration check. Another example is the granted ability of the Travel domain, which allows you to ignore magical impediments as if you were under the effect of freedom of movement, but does not grant you any other benefits of the spell, such as the ability to automatically resist grapples or move normally underwater.