View Single Post

Thread: Some clarifications on Mage Hand

1. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Some clarifications on Mage Hand

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurple View Post
    "wizards can do everything with one feature/ability that other classes have to devote multiple features to".
    Yes, I'd say that over the years the game has gained too many cantrips/rituals/utility powers that let you use Arcana instead of whatever other skill.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurple View Post
    disallowing Religion or Stealth from being used on *every single skill challenge* just because you can come up with some tangential application for it.
    And, of course, I know several DMs who would allow a player to use Arcana on every single SC just because "you are using magic" to solve it. In my view Arcana is a knowledge skill, it doesn't mean that you just happen to have a nondescript spell for every situation (this is similar to how religion is a knowledge skill, it doesn't mean that whoever your god is will now assist you on whatever situation you're in).
    Last edited by Kurald Galain; 2016-08-11 at 11:34 AM.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!