I've now spent a good couple hours poring through this entire thread, and while some questions have been answered, I've still got a few left.

Is Eternal Gratitude usable against NPCs, or just PCs? The wording on the card is, "Choose any one player that assisted you...", but from what I've seen in these threads, the terms don't seem to be strictly applied.

Is there anything to prevent people from outright trading loot, rather than bribing for help in battle, or other officially sanctioned exchanges?

In the room with the Xykon statue, is there really a choice about defacing it if you rest there? The card says, "you may deface the statue", but you've got eight times the chance of something bad happening as something good, so it's not really a good bet. Is it just there for the people who like long shots, or are you supposed to have to roll every time you rest in the room?

I now see why Xykon goes at the top of the stack rather than the bottom, putting all of his sword fodder in front of him, but I'll throw in another possibility: Determine Xykon's (or Redcloak's) strength at the beginning of each turn, giving him all of the support bonuses for the backup in his room, even though they'll be dead by the time you get to him personally. In Xykon's case, it makes a sort of sense anyway, since he is supported by undead.

Given what I've seen throughout, it's kinda answered the question of how it's supposed to be, but I figure I'll throw out this variant also, since it does kinda present different strategy options: When calling for help, move the aiding player into the same room as the battle they're going to help with. It means that they're in position to grab additional Loot from that battle, and may potentially pull them out of position for some other fight that they had on their docket.

I'd also like to revisit the question posed in post #145 (page 5) of this thread, and kinda addressed in #147-8. It doesn't read to me like the question was answered at all. The response at the time was, "Since Swipe doesn't actually defeat the monster (ie. remove it from the encounter), Haley cannot continue on to attack/defend the next monster in the stack."

The last bullet point under 8.) Battle Additional Monsters says, "You may continue to battle Monsters one after another until you lose, a battle is a draw, there are no more monsters, or you choose to stop." It doesn't say you must defeat the monster (or remove it from the encounter).

Given a successful Swipe, that's not a loss or a draw, and there must still be monsters there, or it wouldn't be a question in the first place, she'd just take the Loot. So why must she stop? Why wouldn't she be able to continue, either fighting or Swiping? There's nothing I can see elsewhere in Battle Additional Monsters, Aftermath, or Apply Results that implies to me that Swipe should end her turn. Is there something else I'm missing?