View Single Post

Thread: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

1. - Top - End - #911
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Bit late to the party (my computer was out of order again, liquid damage shorted the screen), but...

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    They only spawn outside of spy AFAIK, and you have to wait for oculyst 'scouts' to spawn (this happens automatically) and get detected by them. Sentient fighters will spawn shortly thereafter.
    Exactly right. I recommend Tycho myself, in endless Survival, the spawns are quite frequent, adding an interesting layer of difficulty to the node when Sentients consistently show up to harass you. Plus, you'll leave with a couple week's supply of Neurodes.

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Agreed on the default colors. I like the Polearm skin. I also wish that it was the syndana that gave the arms, but ehh, it's decent anyways.
    Wait, the arms AREN'T part of the syandana? Crap, I had a fantastic character build in mind that involved putting those arms on a Valkyr.

...Granted, said character is an Aberrant, so the pose still wouldn't work (they'd need to be a bit more... aggressive looking), but it was the closest I was ever going to get :(

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The new skin is further proof that DE need to stop doing "delux" skins and let Tennogen handle them as Tennogen constantly makes a better product and the last few official skins this one included have been questionable and on the whole have really only put a couple of good ones out (Orphid and Nemesis, maybe the trinity one but its got weird feet)
    I'm rather fond of them all, actually, with Palatine and Knave standing out as personal favorites. Though it mildly disappoints me that the Proto-Armor and Nemesis skins are considered Excal's and Nyx's Deluxe skins respectively. I'd have loved to see what they could do with an Excal skin rooted in the look that Rhino and Loki got.

Besides this, I find that TennoGen's record is a bit... spottier. I love most of what they've put out (the Jattuk and the upcoming Sciathin are two of my favorites - jetpacks for life!), but there are notable HUGE exceptions, especially from the Polycount contest. The weapon skins they picked were HORRIBLE, the Claymire in particular (the Infested Skana wasn't as BAD, but it was really lazy, and the Noxious Kittag needed a lot of work, though it was the best starting point of the three), and most of the helmets were as well. And then they put up that steampunk flight attendant skin for Nova (seriously DE, why did you let that in? Doesn't fit the art style at all). I'm going to give this one to the devs. Besides, they aren't accepting 'frame remeshes yet (which is a damn shame, I have a few ideas for an Ash remesh that would be rather fun).
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-08-16 at 11:12 AM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys