View Single Post

Thread: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC II

1. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC II

The approach was altogether too easy; no outriders roaming the surrounding countryside, no sentries on elevated positions outside the camp proper, no ditches or stakes in the ground. Perhaps some hidden pitfalls and other traps, but given the overall lack of effort most likely not. They weren't even trying, either too sure of their victory - not wholly without reason with the enemy totem dead at their feet - or war developed in a less professionalized way here. Khorvaire had a straight century to learn the finer points and at a much larger scale at that, even when accounting for honest to the gods dragons. As his calculating eyes roamed over the encampment, his cloaked body almost seamlessly blending into the greenery, Grimmgang was tempted to call them amateurs but resolved to reserve such judgement until after the engagement. It wouldn't do to die to an old soldier's elitism.

"Help me out here Daros," he said when their gazes focused in the same direction, though his attention was taken by the figure close to the totem's corpse which held little interest to him; dead and gone, more a hindrance than an asset given its potential effects on morale. He'd have to make sure they dispose of the body lest the Bringers might think of fashioning its skull into a battle standard. 'Do they even use banners around here?' was idly wondered but remained unsaid. "That guy over there, fancy but not Xaxhan-fancy. Know anything about the Bringers' leadership?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Uh, is it Daros or Davos? You used both in multiple posts as I just noticed. At a guess it is Daros and you had a Game of Thrones-induced slip.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2016-08-18 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.