1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries!

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Thank you!
    You're welcome! I really think any praise you get is well deserved. And thank you for enriching my game!

I really enjoyed putting the monsters together.
    I believe it's evident it was a labor of love. It's just too bad I rarely see monsters where both fluff and crunch are so well written and in such harmony.

Definitely. As I alluded to a bit above, I really wanted the daeva to be monsters that can drive and sustain a story, something that you can hang multiple plot hooks on and which has the resiliency and inherent connections to keep coming back if you want.
    Well, I think you've succeeded admirably. I feel they can provide a ton of plot hooks and immediately got my imagination going, having me almost subconsciously start creating story lines based on their unique nature.

Even the yaksa, the lowest CR daeva currently available, is functionally immortal, and a defeated yaksa who shows up later bonded to a mortal host is a great way to keep a story going and give the party that vibe that they've angered something that they can stop, but never entirely defeat.
    The daeva immortality/host bonding might just be one of the simplest yet most flexible and unique vehicles for creating a story which binds characters/monsters together I've ever seen. Even if just used as a basic side story to create an additional sense of coherence over time and of the party's actions having long-term consequences, it seems a daeva can provide in spades.

And I think such a recurring daeva could also come with its own mystery solving quest with a uniquely personal touch, especially if the daeva in question corresponds to an emotion with a strong connection to one or more of the PCs, and/or if bonded hosts are relatives or allies of previous bonded hosts, obfuscating the presence, role and importance of the daeva. Tons of interesting possibilities for friends, foes and everyone/-thing in between!

We've actually been talking about how vritra plushies should be an add-on or stretch goal for an Ultimate Akasha release :P
    Oh yes please make this happen - both Ultimate Akasha and vritra plushies! I'd love to have a cute little "dragon-alvar" watch over me while I sleep, bringing me sweet dreams full of akashic wonder...

--------------------

And now to something completely different: I'd like to have one of my new homebrew archetypes - the haugadunir skald - to grant the benefits of Powerful Throw (the mechanics are perfect). Since AM just came out and its content isn't yet available on any "OGL site" such as d20pfsrd, I'd like to present the feat to make the archetype accessible to more people, and at the same time hopefully give AM a little bit of advertising. Although I assume the OGL covers the strictly legal bits, I won't put up the complete texts of any option without having your blessing, considering the very recent release.

Is it OK with you if I put up the details of Powerful Throw now, or would you prefer I wait, or that I write a substitute instead?
    Last edited by upho; 2016-08-20 at 08:36 AM.