View Single Post

Thread: Will the D&D movie (2016) be good?

1. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Will the D&D movie (2016) be good?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    They stated back when they originally announced the deal that the movie would be set in the Realms. They hinted that no other place is worth considering. Probably, that's a swipe at how bad the Krynn-based Dragonlance movie did.
    Ok thats just insulting to all of their other settings. Personally Forgotten Realms is pretty far down on my list of settings (its right above Krynn, stupid color coded factions), i would much prefer Planescape (a DnD fan favorite) Greyhak (a classic) Eberrron (so many options) or Dark Sun, really anywhere but Faerun. Faerun just feels so... generic, on top of the fact that virtually every game they've ever made is set there whats left to tell?

In short, go to Eberron, its the setting of Dungeuons and Dragons Online, which is still fairly popular) and its a setting that gives them a lot of freedom and it in no way feels "generic"

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudd View Post
    Oh yeah. And at some point, probably the climax of the movie, there will be a huge dragon, probably a red dragon, that either swoops down or rises up out of some lava and fire, to the tune of 80's metal guitar riffs with the determined heroes in the foreground poised for action.
    So this then? I am of the firm belief that Dragons must be introduced to epic Metal Guitar Riffs, otherwise something is wrong.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2016-08-31 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel